Wednesday, September 28, 2011

You're behind me, so, so is your weather.

Today was a great day. The keyword in that last sentence: "was."  It quickly disolved into a stressful tension filled night, due to a confluence of unrelated factors.  In the same trend, a 1991 group of Massachusetts swordfishermen was stranded in the center of four unique storms all converging at once.  The Perfect Storm is by no means a happy movie.

My day was pretty good; basically your average school day.  No tests, trip to dentist revealed no cavities, perfect track workout to prepare for big race this weekend, and my beloved Red Sox are in good shape. What happened? Well, my sister happens to be practically the average teenage girl. Nothing wrong with this except there is that phase where every girl wants nothing to do with her family - especially a big brother.  Those interactions were less than pleasant, putting a damper on my good day.  Second, I have a lot of homework, which a challenging curriculum at a well respected school will do for you. Lastly, and perhaps most significantly, there was little good food in the refridgerator- hate when that happens.  The primary problem was my family's having to deal with one too many personalities under one roof.  I guess I only have to cope with my only sibling wishing we were not related for a few years when she grows out of it.  Go teen drama!

The men of Gloucester portrayed in The Perfect Storm are not happy that they are being dragged out for one more tour in the swordfishing season. Once out, they have the catches of a lifetime in a remote area, and plan to reurn home through the georgious weather they have seen to make bank selling the fish. This is when freak chance lands four major storm systems meeting directly in their path, and the elect to try to push through it.  I am sure I will make it home through the once in a lifetime storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment